The Random Notes Thread

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
serenesam
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: The Random Notes Thread

Post by serenesam » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:17 pm

"There has to be innate circuitry that does the learning, that creates the culture, that acquires the culture, and that responds to socialization." - Steven Pinker

“The task of evolutionary psychology is not to weigh in on human nature, a task better left to others. It is to add the satisfying kind of insight that only science can provide: to connect what we know about human nature with the rest of our knowledge of how the world works, and to explain the largest number of facts with the smallest number of assumptions.” - Steven Pinker
"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:01 pm

"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:41 pm

Doesn’t Trump’s tax plan having to do with divorce actually screw men more than it does women? I don’t know if that’s The Red Pill or The Black Pill. :mrgreen:

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:08 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:37 pm

I have no idea what some people are talking about when they say that The Alt-Right or related “will win.” It just seems more of a stalemate because White people will always be around, I think, on the basis that some people will simply just self-segregate and, the idea that virtually all Non-Whites would be deported seems silly. I guess I just don’t see this issue as a matter of who will win or who will lose because there’s no end point or endgame. In addition, just because some group is the minority as opposed to the majority doesn’t mean that they can’t be successful or be a dominating force.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:59 pm

"Ambition never is in a greater hurry than I; it merely keeps pace with circumstances and with my general way of thinking." - Napoleon Bonaparte

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Source: imgrum Link 1

Wow, did the above image change? I could have sworn that INTJ was in the place of the ISTJ. I mean I don’t know, anybody who has paid attention to my past posts knows that I’ve always believed that the ISTJ was more evil than the INTJ. Notice that in that above link, it says “v. 2.0” so I think it means “version 2.0.”
Last edited by serenesam on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Source: imgrum Link 2

Note that in the above link to that image, it says “early draft.”

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:05 pm

serenesam wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Source: imgrum Link 1

Wow, did the above image change? I could have sworn that INTJ was in the place of the ISTJ. I mean I don’t know, anybody who has paid attention to my past posts knows that I’ve always believed that the ISTJ was more evil than the INTJ. Notice that in that above link, it says “v. 2.0” so I think it means “version 2.0.”
serenesam wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Source: imgrum Link 2

Note that in the above link to that image, it says “early draft.”
Wow, did ENTJ get moved as well? :mrgreen:

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:38 pm

Last edited by serenesam on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 pm

Interesting that INTP mothers are likely to be stay-at-home but not INTJ mothers.

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:35 am

It's really quite simple: once you discover that nobody knows anything about anything, and that all they are interested in is persuading other people that they do, it becomes obvious that nothing originating from people has any value whatsoever.
For value, dismiss the world of people, and instead turn your awareness to The World.

It takes some practice, though, to discover how to focus your gaze, so that The World actually comes into focus.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:47 pm

crow wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:35 am
It's really quite simple: once you discover that nobody knows anything about anything, and that all they are interested in is persuading other people that they do, it becomes obvious that nothing originating from people has any value whatsoever.
For value, dismiss the world of people, and instead turn your awareness to The World.

It takes some practice, though, to discover how to focus your gaze, so that The World actually comes into focus.
The thing is though is that virtually all people are subject to some kind of a collective whether it be friends, family, loved ones, spouses, etc. or they have a dedication to a particular thing in life like some kind of specialization like in their career or whatever which if you really think about it, still chains them to the internal matrix and thus, it’s very likely they wouldn’t become enlightened or beyond enlightened. Tyranny of the collective is far more dangerous than tyranny of the individual from a comparative perspective/context. Sure, a single individual may have a personal vendetta against one, two, three, four, or five people and want to make them disappear but that's still less dangerous than the long-term insanity that gets bred from whatever form/kind of collectivism and, yes, family is a form of collectivism, and so is a couple like between a man and a woman. Perhaps an easy-to-understand way would be to think about spirituality and/or religion. Contrary to what some people may think from the world of spirituality, religion, etc., The Holy Spirit doesn’t breed greatness in the same way that one (or I guess what I would say) could make a declarative statement saying that both The Yin and The Yang of The Universe doesn’t breed greatness but actually breeds insanity and thus degeneracy and/or dysgenics. Group work breeds insanity. Team work breeds insanity. Even a group or team of psychiatrists and other mental health professionals would breed insanity or deep ignorance. So it’s pretty obvious based on the process of logical elimination that in order to become enlightened or beyond enlightened (yes the word “or” is important), one needs to go beyond the internal matrix so that would translate to that which is outside the matrix or simply just “breaking out” of the internalized and boxed matrix which if you really think about it, translates to the negation of dedication or commitment to anyone or anything. To become beyond enlightened or at the minimum somewhat enlightened, one needs to be like an isolationist, embrace individualism, engage in self-discovery, and engage in self-improvement and, it’s pretty clear that improvement doesn’t result from a group or collective because in fact, a group or a collective may actually have the reverse/opposite effect.
serenesam wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:52 pm
When you say fuck you to the whole world, you become free with no obligation to anyone or anything.
When I say that you become free in the above statement, obviously, I’m not suggesting the existence of free-will. In fact, I’m suggesting the opposite of free-will because there’s a cause for it. The likely (if not absolutely) outcome of the above statement would (if not just straight out is) be being beyond enlightened or at the minimum from a comparative perspective/context, more enlightened than most people. Think about the difference between being required to do something as opposed to wanting to do something yourself. The irony or perhaps paradox is that you might actually learn far more if it’s something you want to do and, when you have no need for obligation or even minimal effort (could be anything), there comes a situation of irony, which perhaps creates a state of monstrous curiosity about this thing or that thing. The outcome of that might actually make you a far more knowledgeable person and thus “enlightened” individual.

Some people might say that only you know all the answers but it’s more like only a select number of individuals would be able to know all the answers and so it’s possible that maybe one of the reasons/causes for someone to want to shut out the entire world out there is precisely because they believe they really do know more than most people and/or they feel misunderstood and all that typical stuff certain people like to talk about in the MBTI world with regard to the INxJ types because, I mean let’s be honest here, most people really are unknowledgeable and ignorant even if they try to not be that way so it’s not of volition.

***Edit: Added an additional paragraph.***

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:09 pm

I have to wonder if there's more mistyped INTJ females than there are mistyped INTJ males. :mrgreen:

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:28 pm