The Random Notes Thread

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
crow
MBTI type: INFJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: The Random Notes Thread

Post by crow » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:31 pm

'Fraid so. "Forgive them, for they know not what they do", says Jesus. A crow would likely put it more crudely.

serenesam
MBTI type: INTJ

Post by serenesam » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:00 pm

"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:06 pm

"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:38 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:19 pm

crow

Post by crow » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:52 am

You seem to pop a great many pills.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:30 pm

We asked a neuroscientist if Sherlock Holmes is actually a sociopath and his answer surprised us

If memory serves me correctly, I might have technically defined the difference between a “psychopath” and a “sociopath” differently compared to virtually everyone else in some forum having to do with INTJs a long time ago. I’m so blown away that the above link has defined those respective terms very close to how I would have defined them and the link is only about two years old. So no, contrary to what some (if not virtually all) people think, Sherlock Holmes is not a sociopath or a high-functioning sociopath for he is in fact, a psychopath.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:48 pm

When there are no more Whites in the world, who will listen to/address the concerns of the Black community? No one. East Asians will turn a deaf ear. What are the Chinese so good at? Censorship, concealing things/covering things up, turning a deaf ear, authoritarianism, and having the attitude of "that's your problem not mine."

turn a deaf ear - idiom

Entity
MBTI type: INFP

Post by Entity » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:53 pm

I'm back. My computer was broken and being fixed for a week. Happy New Year!
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

crow

Post by crow » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:14 am

Aha :) Welcome back to the dubious online world.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:13 pm

Happy Late New Year!

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:16 pm

I swear, when you have been obsessed with MBTI for years like I have, you could see Dominant or Auxiliary Ti in a person’s eyes. Many beginners say that they could see Si or Ni in a person’s eyes which I believe is quite instinctual and almost automatic for certain MBTI fans. If you ever get to the stage where you could see Ti in a person’s eyes, typing people becomes easier because in your mind, the pairing of Ti and Fe along with process of elimination (such as if there’s no Ti, there’s some kind of Te-Fi or Fi-Te dynamic going on) really help pinpoint with great precision a person’s type. Describing what Dominant or Auxiliary Ti looks like in a person’s eyes is sort of impossible because I believe it does extend beyond physical description so hence, it requires the state of obsession (for a lack of better words) or tons of experience.

crow

Post by crow » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:35 pm

Would you say that your interest in MBTI has made you more observant than you were?

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:40 pm

crow wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:35 pm
Would you say that your interest in MBTI has made you more observant than you were?
Not MBTI per se more like life experience as if it's a necessary. In other words, I have to slow down.

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:09 pm