The Random Notes Thread

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
serenesam
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: The Random Notes Thread

Post by serenesam » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:27 pm

"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:31 pm

serenesam wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:07 pm
This is a series of ideas found in smaller portions of the manosphere. It is basically a fatalistic version of the red pill with the ideas of biological determinism at its core. The idea surrounding it is that the PUA game is a scam and that bad boys do not attract females; instead, the most important factor is looks and physical traits. Taking the "black pill" is synonymous with coming to the realization that those who lack such traits will never be attractive to females, regardless of PUA techniques used, and should just give up.

Source: Black pill - Rational Wiki
serenesam wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:53 pm
The Black Pill

In the above link, someone goes by the username "crow." I wonder if that's the crow in this forum?
serenesam wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:36 pm
The “red pills” believe incorrectly that they are anti-feminist, and the delusion that feminism can be solved using personal solutions. They believe that using game and the paleo diet they can expel feminism from their lives. This is a delusion. When Paragon came up with the idea of the “black pill”, he recognized the nature of feminism/women being a systemic problem. Systemic problems have no personal solutions. The “black pill” is about that principle and more. It is about reality as it is and facts. It stands in opposition to both mainstream feminist delusions (the “blue pill”) and non-mainstream feminist delusions (the “red pill”). Disagreeing with the mainstream does not automatically make something truth.

Source: Why "The Black Pill"?
serenesam wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:35 pm
The Black Pill equals to nihilism, parasitism, and/or hopelessness.
serenesam wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:14 pm
crow wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:38 pm
The customization of history doesn't change history; it changes only the fools who do it, and those who buy it, into nothings, who can never know themselves, or from whence they came.
They say between the Red Pill and the Blue Pill, pick the Red Pill for truth. Yet ironically, what if the real truth is the Black Pill?
Many years ago (about more than 6 years ago), I wrote about something having to do with change as a concept and as I look back in retrospect, I must say that I’m very impressed with myself because it was remarkably similar to a link I saw called “The Black Pill” by Brett Stevens of Amerika (dated a little over one year old). Remember the echoes of “a function of non-change” or “a function of change in a non-change embodiment” in some other forum having to do with INTJs? Yep, that was me. :mrgreen:
"So all that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed — only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." – Nikola Tesla

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:54 pm

serenesam wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:45 pm
Daylight Savings Time should have been gotten rid of a long time ago.
serenesam wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:42 pm
"Change is almost always negative. Things degenerate." - Woody Allen
Well yeah, when you "change" from Daylight Savings Time Begin to Daylight Savings Time End or from Daylight Savings Time End to Daylight Savings Time Begin, "bad" things could happen. :lol:

Entity
MBTI type: INFP

Post by Entity » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:21 pm

The storm moves closer...
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:53 pm

Entity wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:21 pm
Hasn't it been downgraded to a Category 3 storm?

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:36 pm

Entity

Post by Entity » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:57 pm

serenesam wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:53 pm
Entity wrote:
Yes, for now, but it might pick up power as it moves over the Florida straits. It's already incredibly windy at my home. Even a Category 3 is trouble if the eye goes right through my city. (many maps say it might)

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:00 pm

Entity wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:57 pm
serenesam wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:53 pm
Entity wrote:
Yes, for now, but it might pick up power as it moves over the Florida straits. It's already incredibly windy at my home. Even a Category 3 is trouble if the eye goes right through my city. (many maps say it might)
Were you in a mandatory evacuation area?

Anyways, stay safe and obviously, you don't have to answer any of my questions. :)

Entity

Post by Entity » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:26 pm

Nope. I'm in a higher ground part of my city. One of my friends left for Orlando, since she was incredibly near the coast.
I'm staying safe. The wind is howling like hell right outside my window, but we have most of our windows boarded.
It's a little fun, actually. My power is definitely going to cut out sometime today, but I think I know how to keep WiFi. (I'll turn my phone into a hotspot, then connect my computer to the phone WiFi. That's what they call American Ingenuity)

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:33 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Looks like Florida did an excellent job of preparing for Hurricane Irma compared to Texas with Hurricane Harvey. No surprise there. :)

So far, the six deaths in Florida don't appear to be the fault of preparers (the government).

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:13 pm

serenesam wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:56 pm
Looks like Florida did an excellent job of preparing for Hurricane Irma compared to Texas with Hurricane Harvey. No surprise there. :)

So far, the six deaths in Florida don't appear to be the fault of preparers (the government).
California would also be well-equipped to handle a natural disaster just like it did so well about more than 11 years ago with the wildfires when both the people and the government were so awesome unlike what happened with Hurricane Katrina. :mrgreen:

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:32 pm

serenesam wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:19 pm
Some people in The Alt-Right actually believe that the average IQ for a certain group could go higher and higher with no limit/cap. This is actually erroneous because human beings are designed to be limited.
Yes, I'm 1,000% confident on that one.

Just look at what some Ashkenazi Jews with an IQ of about 115 have to say about many things in life or even just generally folks with an IQ over 140 where they mention about ambiguity or uncertainty sort of like The Uncertainty Principle in Quantum Mechanics. :)

In any case, I doubt the average IQ for any of the human races would average around 130 or two standard deviations above the average IQ of 100 anyways. This is likely due to reinforcements in the environment sort of like what some people would say, that the world isn't built for super smart people or super dumb people. :mrgreen:

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:11 pm

serenesam

Post by serenesam » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:52 pm

It’s amazing that some people still can’t believe “it.” What is it that’s keeping them from seeing the truth? Could it be that they are so egotistical that they can only see a specified group that can reflect that? To what degree are they knowledgeable about outliers? Are they aware of the history of the supernatural, paranormal, or the mysterious?