What have you learned today?

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
Nomorenames
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): u

Re: What have you learned today?

Post by Nomorenames » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:54 am

BabyDragon wrote:What do you INFPs think about this: http://www.humantruth.info/souls.html ?
Makes perfect sense and isn't particularly disagreeable. There does seem to be a materialist and reductionist bias. I wonder what the author of the page has to say about the idea (and evidence) that the "mind" is actually non-local.

The belief that the soul is of a definite and distinguishable substance, or whatever, sounds sillier to me. So, I tend to translate soul as an amalgamation of consciousness, emotions and desires which are rooted in the physical world of neurons, receptors, hormones, peptides and all those complex organic systems that make up sentient beings.

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Post by BabyDragon » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:41 am

Nomorenames wrote:I wonder what the author of the page has to say about the idea (and evidence) that the "mind" is actually non-local.
Do you have any links about that? I'd really like to see that evidence. :)

the boss
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by the boss » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:47 pm

two things

1) infps and infj supposedly make the world worst match. I have no idea why.

2) I find reasons why a relationship cannot work. I will come to a point and while my partner is at a high for having had a wonderful time I will say, see here, this is why we have no future. And any counterargument only hardens my position. It's hurtful to those who were just so happy with how things were going. I sabotage myself. And I do that because I'm afraid. NFs love deeply. We love like crazy. We have reason to be afraid. We can't shake it off. Only NFs can get crippled through love gone bad. But, if we let fear control us... we'll never get what we seek... a soulmate.

Kevs
MBTI type: INFP

Post by Kevs » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:01 am

I learned that 3478 people can view a forum thread and only 1% of them respond. I gotta admit, I can sometimes have great reluctance to contribute to a forum. There are people out there who are mean and negative. I fear them. That is why I like the slower forums...those action packed ones can get tricky.

iPseudo

Post by iPseudo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:14 pm

the boss wrote:infps and infj supposedly make the world worst match. I have no idea why
I have just one INFJ friend and we get along really well. He tends to take the brunt of conflicts for me, fending off those who take advantage of my shyness, and he does it well indeed, despite that it probably drains him just as much to do so. We have a mutual respect for each other and agree on most things. He was quite obnoxious a few years back, but that was apparently down to insecurity and fear.

From my experience an INFP and a mature INFJ can be good pals. Not sure about a love relationship though, if that's what you meant.

Kevs wrote:I learned that 3478 people can view a forum thread and only 1% of them respond. I gotta admit, I can sometimes have great reluctance to contribute to a forum. There are people out there who are mean and negative. I fear them. That is why I like the slower forums...those action packed ones can get tricky.
I rarely contribute to forums for the exact reason you specify, among others, but I think this one needs to live.

Kevs

Post by Kevs » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:40 am

iPseudo, you are lucky to have such a great friend. Even more so that you should know what MBTI he/she is. I ask people if they know about themselves or if they would be up to the challenge of finding out...can't think of any of my friends who know.

In terms of forums, I have this fear of inciting some kind of negative response from people...working on it, but it's ingrained. Glad you are here....

iPseudo

Post by iPseudo » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:17 pm

I kinda make people take the test... not forcefully but I bring it up until they do it :D I find that my prediction of people's type tends to be correct, more so with extroverts than introverts. Sometimes I wonder why people don't find it as amazing as I do...

themonocle
Gender (M or F): F

Post by themonocle » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Dragon training is tiring. I learned this a long time ago. Today it was just confirmed.

Fluffy
MBTI type: ENFJ

Post by Fluffy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:10 am

I have learned about this forum today. Even though I do agree with some people saying that its "dead," I like it. :)

Fluffy
MBTI type: ENFJ

Post by Fluffy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:59 pm

I learned that someone has had feelings for me today. It was a real awkward thing for me. Well since the participation of this forum tends to be low, don't expect a response/advice (even though I could use it a bit... :(). Just a vent post. ^^'

runaway unicorn
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): m

Post by runaway unicorn » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:07 pm

To quench the small voice and listen to the heart.

Do not assume anything, especially if it has some negativity and it is about people in your life. Find and reconnect to the love and gratitude I have for them.
For we are all small blades of grass in the garden of utopia.
Get intoxicated riding on the spirit's impulse.

Noriko
MBTI type: INxx

Post by Noriko » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:49 pm

I learned that my library has some free books, and not all of them are that bad.
Consequently, I learned about a sexual disorder that probably isn't a thing, or cannot be applied as the author would expect. An old, but fascinating book.

I also learned my school has weird pathways that end in little groves with little chairs. I don't know who created them, but it's a great escape. You could almost pretend you're camping, with headphones. (It's still close to the road... dammit.)

Maskara
MBTI type: FiNe

Post by Maskara » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:39 am

the boss wrote:1) infps and infj supposedly make the world worst match. I have no idea why.
Not sure how much of this is true... My SO is INFJ, and we get along insanely well. For 4 years now. Really, really happy with her.
The only real problem is that we're both highly impractical. And whiny at times, lol. :) I'm sure that can be fixed, though, as we grow.

Today, I learned that it's fun to resurrect the senses. Like this anonymous guy said:
"When you touch something, flow into your touch. Touch things more, trees, grass, walls, people. Taste things deeper, when you eat, do nothing but taste, when you drink, let the drinking be your whole existence in that moment, same with hearing, hear more, hear intensely."
Fucking fun and good for the soul.

crow
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by crow » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:29 am

I have learned that INTJs can be absolutely, utterly rotten. And that any forum can only ever be a reflection of its admins.
Good admins=good forum. Crap admins=exactly what you'd expect.
That's what I learned today.

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ

Post by BabyDragon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:29 am

learned about this thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5goISKPSH8

Sufi Muslims are a weird and fascinating bunch