Who do You fall in love with?

Off-topic discussions and other topics that can't fit anywhere else
Kiddo
MBTI type: INTP
Gender (M or F): F

Who do You fall in love with?

Post by Kiddo » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:30 am

I'm thinking that I'm a strange person. I only fall in love with people who argue with me, right from the start the other person has to annoy me but keep me guessing and I'll go ahead and like them. To all appearances it would look like we dislike each other but really I'm congratulating the other person on the inside for being such an individual.
I met a real nice guy, he opens doors for people and has a lot of manners you might think this guy is from the 1800s he's so gentlemanly and respectful. He likes me. I can't find an ounce of my normal love for him which is full of tension and excitement. Whenever I think of him I think of a best friend. He has this whole cushy aura around him that makes me want to be totally kind to him but I wouldn't describe it as love. Am I strange?
Which type do You fall for and why?
Proud proprietor of first-kiss insurance.

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ
Gender (M or F): M

Re: Who do You fall in love with?

Post by BabyDragon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:24 pm

I fall for smart, emotionally stable, not needy, somewhat argumentative, reasonably rational people, but I'm an ENTJ. :D

Kiddo

Post by Kiddo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:43 pm

That's like, yeah. Maybe it's an NT thing to like arguements. :?:

BabyDragon
Site Admin
MBTI type: INTJ

Post by BabyDragon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:38 pm

Arguments are awesome as long as they're productive. ;)

Krissie
MBTI type: INFP
Gender (M or F): f

Post by Krissie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:02 pm

People complain that I'm argumentative as well. I dunno. I thought I was just "talking".

Kiddo

Post by Kiddo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:05 pm

Tell them that you're willing to argue you're awesome and then list exaggerated good points: I can lasso the moon while playing poker on the back of an interstellar porpoise, or something.

Nomorenames
MBTI type: infp
Gender (M or F): u

Post by Nomorenames » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:28 am

Next time my heart starts pumping blood to my nether regions, I'll see who catalyzed the response.

Kiddo

Post by Kiddo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:21 am

You know when someone is hanged blood rushes to all the tissues. Your nether region is all tissue. I'm not suggesting hanging but I'm saying you're still alive so carpe diem and fall in love.

AcutelyAware

Post by AcutelyAware » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:45 am

I have loved an ENFJ and an ENTJ. I think the differences in type can cause a lot of sexual tension but keeping S or N the same helps with the love vs. lust factor.

the boss
MBTI type: INFJ

Post by the boss » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:48 am

Kiddo wrote:I'm thinking that I'm a strange person. I only fall in love with people who argue with me, right from the start the other person has to annoy me but keep me guessing and I'll go ahead and like them. To all appearances it would look like we dislike each other but really I'm congratulating the other person on the inside for being such an individual.
I met a real nice guy, he opens doors for people and has a lot of manners you might think this guy is from the 1800s he's so gentlemanly and respectful. He likes me. I can't find an ounce of my normal love for him which is full of tension and excitement. Whenever I think of him I think of a best friend. He has this whole cushy aura around him that makes me want to be totally kind to him but I wouldn't describe it as love. Am I strange?
Which type do You fall for and why?
Well, how do your relationships usually go? There are many possible answers to your question, but not enough details to make an informed guess.

alizah
MBTI type: dfsf

Post by alizah » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:16 am

with emotionally stable ppl

Tuevon
MBTI type: INFPt

Post by Tuevon » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:14 am

I fell for an ISTJ, and while we became friends and developed feelings at a time in my life where I acted strongly as an INTP, I still love her very much. We have common ground in erhics, but outside of that, we disagree often. I apologize as this sounds pretentious, but it's weird—she's such a sweet and caring person, and yet her first impulse is to cling onto the "I am right by logic that backs me up and I will dig in my heels" mentality that the ISTJ profile defines very clearly as a main tenet of the type. I saw a post on Tumblr yesterday (whose author I forget) that said "It is the first thought that you have that defines what you've been taught, but it's the second thought that defines your character." –and I think that's really how one should look for a partner—have patience after seeing the imperfections at first, and then try to realize who the person really is behind their opinions.
You all are beautiful and wonderful people. God bless you all!

Dusky Mystique

Post by Dusky Mystique » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:42 pm

I feel amorous towards any woman who beams at me. But the people I fall in love with usually have a goofy sense of humor like me, are compassionate, creative, and easygoing.

Entity

Post by Entity » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:42 am

I'll love someone smart (not exactly super smart, but autonomous and independent), fun, and with the capacity to be cute and/or silly (not sure precisely what that means, but I digress). MBTI-wise, I may not be well suited for a Sensor, because of the communication difference, but who knows. ENFP doesn't seem too bad either. My physical standards are strange. I care not about height, nor athleticism. I want someone beautiful, but not in the 'sexy', lustful way. I think short haircuts are cute, provided that they don't come to a shave. Again, I want cute, but I don't know how to describe that. I feel like this is a dating profile, I'll stop.
"A penny saved is a penny you keep." -Me

potatotoro

Post by potatotoro » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:57 pm

i'll just have Mr.Darcy please and thanks.